Hop on the bus and explore Olden’s beautiful turquoise waters at the famous Briksdal Glacier!
- Duration: as long as you want.
- Shuttle: every 30 min | Olden – Loen (6 kilometers)
- Included: transfer directly to and from the cruise pier in Olden; a comprehensive network of hiking trails
- Mt. Hoven is at 1011 meters above sea level.
- Hoven Restaurant & Bar at the Mountain Station
- Adult (+15 years old)
- Child (6-15 years old)
- Infant (0-6 years old)
Discover one of the steepest cable cars in the world
Norway’s new attraction has opened! Loen Skylift is located only 6 kilometers from the Port of Olden and takes you from the fjord to the top of Mt. Hoven (1011 meters) in only five minutes. Loen Skylift is one of the steepest cable cars in the world and offers a breathtaking and unforgettable view of the Norwegian fjord landscape.
After five airy minutes, you arrive at the Mountain Station and Hoven Restaurant, where you can enjoy a 210-degree panoramic view overlooking Mt. Skåla and Lake Lovatnet in the east, Jostedalsbreen Glacier and Olden in the south, and the Nordfjord that winds its way towards Stryn in the west.
Each cabin has room for 35 passengers. Loen Skylift runs continuously during operating hours without fixed departure times.
Breathtaking views of the fjord landscape
From Mount Hoven, you can explore the mountain on your own on a comprehensive network of trails on foot in the summer or skiing or snowshoeing in the winter. The possibilities are many — the choice is yours.
Olden Adventure offers a package including Loen Skylift and transfers directly to and from the cruise pier in Olden. Departures are on the hour from the pier and every half hour from Loen throughout the day as long as the ship is docked in Olden, giving you as much time as you wish in Loen.
- The shuttle bus goes between Olden and Loen.
- The ride on the bus takes about 10 minutes each way along the Nordfjord.
- The drop-off point in Loen is directly by the fjord station of Loen Skylift.
- Meeting point is just outside the security gate after leaving the ship.
- Olden Adventure staff meet you there and guide you to the designated bus.